Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another One Bites the Biden!

I was rudely awakened this morning at but the inane buzz of my shamefully outdated Samsung 2200; I received the now infamous email from the Obama campaign (ironically received at 3 am) announcing Joe Biden as the Democratic Vice-Presidential candidate. I predicted this in my post last Tuesday; now we shall see how I do on Friday when McCain sends Western Unions to all his supporters.

Joe Biden is a spectacular choice for ol' Bama. First, he's a liar - a quality that seems to be the quintessential requirement to be a successful politician. He was quoted as saying, the very day I posted my prediction of this outcome - "I'm not the guy!" My very good friend from Theanti-soma noted that I was wrong and Biden would not be VP. (Privately, I said that Biden was bluffing.)

Secondly, Biden is one HELL of a speaker, which would help reiterate Obama's gift of the telepromtered word. But unlike Obama, Biden is also extremely quick on his feet. He is the one who came up with the famous observation about Rudy Gulliani, "A noun, a verb and 9/11"

Finally, Biden has hella experience that Obama doesn't. This is a hard ticket to beat. This is THE ticket to beat. Many pundits at this moment are contemplating the poll bounce that Obama may get out of this.

Prediction: Obama WILL get a bounce out of this pick - more than any others, including Hillary Clinton. And it will be big!

No comments: