Sunday, August 24, 2008

Devil Children...

...and the parents who hate them enough to let them get away with everything!

I am so sick of parents who want to be friends to their kids before being parents. I work with the public day in and out so I have had many an experience in the heathen child destroying everything he comes into contact with and the mother looking at me saying how cute and wonderful he is.

Lady, beat the little bastard!

I also attend that same maternal one (or lack of) spouting how we should never spank children because it promotes violence and will do more harm to that child than good. Children learn to be violent from their parents. Children need to be loved when they do something wrong.

Bullshit.

For the record, this new-found idea of not spanking your kids because it turns them into the next Ted Bundy or Hannibal Lecture is, by far, the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Kids have been getting spanked since Cain and Abel - okay, bad example there - and the violence ratio has been probably better than it was, say during the Grecco-Roman empire.

Let me put it another way. My dad got spanked. So did my grandfather, and his father and his father....

I got spanked, too. And I deserved 90% of what I got. The other ten percent of the spanking that I received that I don't feel I deserved my mother to this day has a perfect response for: "Just think of it as you getting punished for all the things you DID deserved getting spanked for and just didn't get caught" Believe me, there were many. Far more than that 10% would cover.

Kids need to know boundaries. They need to know consequences. They need to know if they come over to Uncle Mateo's house and play with his very expensive stereo and it breaks, the belts come out. And thusly, so do the tears.

I am not a father. I will concede that right out. But I do believe I would be a good one as I someday hope to be. And I will spank my child when need be, because, out of love, I want him/her to grow up to be a gentleman/lady and have people just be in awe of their respectfulness. Parents who don't punish severely when need be simply don't care about their children to do it, or don't care enough about them to learn how.

Kids don't know consequences because they are taught by example not to take responsibility for their actions. Spanking simply teaches responsibility through consequences. The pro-switch people understand this. And there are FAR more people who are pro-corporal punishment than anti - it's just that the Anti are screaming at the top of their lungs.

Maybe THEY should be spanked, too - along with the little bastards they are raising.

No comments: